Leilane Lobo & Isa Mariano
@vsflx: ✨WBFF Worlds is just 3 weeks away! Join us at the most glamorous show in fitness August 15th & 16th at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas or live on Pay Per View✨ www.ticketmaster.com
#fitness #wbff #fitnessdiva #fitnessjewelltraining #3weeksout #WORLDS #glamour #pauldillett #girlswholift #girlswithmuscle #divas #fashion #fun #legs #quads #abs #sixpack #arms #delts #shoulders
Holy shit balls
THESE HURT LIKE HELL
GO DO THEM
These are also called bottom-to-bottom squats. They hurt so good! Try doing them in a tabata circuit. No weight, just body weight.
MUST TRY :)
Butt Toning Exercises As Good As Squats
Squats are great for working and toning the glutes but it can sometimes just get a bit repetitive and boring. If you are looking for butt toning exercise apart from squats, give these butt moves designed by Chelsea Dornan, a National Academy of Sports Medicine-certified personal trainer and instructor at Uplift Studios in New York City.
1. Single-Leg Glute Bridge. Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor near your butt and hip-width apart. Keeping your knees in line, extend one leg. On your exhale, squeeze your glutes and push your hips up toward the ceiling as high as you can go. Pause, then lower until your butt hovers right above the floor, and repeat without touching the ground.
2. Hydrants with Leg Extension. Begin on all fours with your knees hip-width apart and your wrists stacked over your shoulders. Lift your left knee toward the ceiling, then extend the left foot straight out to the side. Pause before you bend your knee again, and bring your leg back to starting position. Repeat for 45 to 60 seconds on the left side before you switch to the right.
3. Single Leg Dead Lift. Stand with your feet hip-distance apart and your right foot a few inches in front of your left. The left knee should be slightly bent. Draw your abs in and slowly fold forward, keeping your left foot in line with your spine as you reach toward the floor with both hands. Pause, then return to starting position. Repeat 45 to 60 seconds before switching sides.
For my FAQ: Will lifting give me gross, bulky muscles?
When I say lifting, I mean frequent, progressive, heavy weight lifting.
Let’s get one thing clear: lifting has the potential to make you big, bulky and muscular - saying anything else is wrong. However, saying lifting will always make you huge is also wrong - it takes so much more work than you can imagine.
You can be a big, muscular woman and lift weights. You can be a skinny woman and lift weights. You can be a big, muscular man and lift weights - and you can be a skinny man and lift weights. There’s also no such thing as ‘bulky muscles’ vs ‘lean muscles’ - it’s all muscle mass.
I also want to say that being bulky is not a bad thing. Do not shame people for having goals that’s different from yours. Do not shame people for not wanting to look the same way you do. Body shaming of any kind is not ok.
Here are some things you should know:
- Muscles are more metabolically active than fat, so more muscle mass means you will burn more calories even at rest - so muscles will actually help you lose fat.
- Doing the same exercise for the same number of reps with heavier weight uses more energy=more calories burned.
- Lifting helps increase insulin sensitivity by upregulating the mechanism for glucose utilization allowing for higher carb tolerance after workouts
- Men burn fat and build muscle faster due to their high testosterone level (women have the same amount of testosterone as a 10 year old boy) - so it will take a lot of hard work and dedication for a long time to actually get as big as the female bodybuilders you might have seen.
- Female bodybuilders doesn’t accidentally build that much muscle. They train, eat, take supplements geared and work their asses of 24/7 specifically towards it for years (and some take steroids as well)
- How you eat while lifting is what really determines whether you’ll get bigger.
- No changes happens overnight! If you’re unhappy with how your body is changing, stop! Change up your diet, change your routine - stop lifting completely if that would make you feel better.
- If you love lifting, do it! Contrary to popular belief, everything you do doesn’t have to be about looking a specific way. You can do things simply because you enjoy them! Isn’t that amazing?
Today’s Workout Tip (FIT FRIDAY)
Make sure you add Cardio to your routines
Always have a positive attitude. know that you can PUSH through the pain.
Stretch before you Train!!!
2X 40 Push Up
2X 40 Knee Up
2X 60 Oblique Crunches
at least 20Mins of Cardio ( You Can Jog in Place for 2mins)
2X 45 Jumping jacks
2X 60 Squats
Remember That recovery is IMPORTANT. Give your body some down time bewteen workouts